Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving!

This year we are so very thankful for our amazing family! This little face has given us so much joy already in just his 4 short weeks of life!




We had a quiet Thanksgiving (thankfully) at my parents house. My brother had ACL surgery the Monday before and we were a sleep deprived family, so there were many of us who were down for the count.  I was so thankful that we didn't have to bring much and could just show up and everyone loved on our kids!  We have such a generous family!  

Here's a family photo from Thanksgiving!
I made this list of things I am thankful for during the middle of the night when I was feeding Brayden a few nights ago:
Thankful for a very spirited energetic loud fun loving curly haired 19 month old
Thankful for a sleepy snugly smiley 3.5 week old
Thankful for a husband who wrangles our toddler do I can care for our newborn, gets up with tucker and gives Brayden a dream feed bottle so I can have an extra hour on each end if the day to sleep, makes the coffee every morning, will watch both kids so I can do a little Black Friday Christmas shopping, laughs with me, works super hard to provide for our family, and who loves me and our kids and God so well!
Thankful for a family who will have me over to entertain a cranky tucker and to feed us on a night that max won't be home until after bedtime and after two hours if traffic will play cars and feed tucker and not be stressed about it!
Thankful for siblings I live to much and who god is always working in:)
Thankful for neighbors who we can have dinner our dessert with st the drop of a hat and the kids will have a huge blast and do will the parents!
Thankful for friends and family who have been providing us with meals!
Thankful for a job that I love
Thankful that that job allows me to stay home for the rest of the year with my kids
Thankful for coffee-and flavored creamers!
Thankful for Skype, FaceTime, and g chat which allow us to talk to family and friends both near and far!
Thankful for our house and the many things in it that provide us with more than we need.
Thankful for Gods love and grace to me and my family
Thankful to God for giving me peace patience and energy to be a better mom when I have nothing left

We got two new chairs and they came in this HUGE box so of course we had to make a house for Tucker to play in-love that Max is a fun dad to our super active son!

 It was so nice to have Max home for four days!  Tucker has been doing pretty well adjusting to life as a big brother aka life with shared attention from mom and dad, but he certainly has his moments. Getting his K9 teeth in isn't helping either, but overall he's doing pretty well.  Thankfully he plays by himself very well so as long as I'm near him he does ok usually.  Brayden has been a very easy baby so far, although I'm not getting my hopes up that his sleep all day and wake to eat routine will continue.  But I sure hope it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment