Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fall Happenings

All of a sudden it is the middle of October. Fall has been flying by and been very fun. We've ha just enough warmth and light to be able to hang out outside after naps and after I get home from work! I've really seen the benefits of being able to be home with the boys and do things with friends during the week. They/we wouldn't get to see people without these days, so I am trying to use them all up while I have them this year! Sometimes I find myself still so sad that I am not at JRMS. I miss the people, I miss the kids, I miss the age of the kids, I just miss it. But today I had a few things happen that made me so happy to be where I am.  I don't know if it's a forever thing for me, this age group, but it encouraged me that I don't totally suck at it either:)
In one of my classes this morning, the teacher of a student who has had terrible anxiety about coming to PE came to chat. I've known that this adorable way-too-young-to-have-anxiety-about-things-like-gym little girl has had issues, but I've yet to notice them. Anyways, her teacher was coming to tell me that after a meeting with her parents' yesterday, the parents said how glad they were that their daughter was in my class, and how her anxiety about coming to gym when she has me is virtually zero.  That was so encouraging.  Then, an adorable special needs child, came up to me and made a heart shape with his fingers and said, "you make my heart very happy!" I wanted to say, and you just made my heart melt!  I am encourage by my choice to work at this level and be home as well.


Brayden might have more energy than Tucker did. He is/is going to be a handful for sure!

And this guy never stops moving...and today was a day for duck whistles!

We got Tucker to put part of his Halloween costume on...can't believe Max got him to wear the goggles!

The full outfit!

Fun times with his buddy Addie:) They dug up this huge rock and brought it over to show me!

In his Sunday best

These two boys were all decked out too!

We have a couple of happy kids-yes that's Tucker playing in a beer box...it became a mask:)

This is what Max found growing in our yard!

We celebrated Sienna's birthday and three of my cousins' birthdays on Sunday. Brayden LOVES all food, but especially ice cream.  Uncle Jim is his new fave, shoveling it in his mouth:)

On Monday we discovered my new favorite place! A farm with lots of FREE activities.
This pit filled with corn provided TONS of fun for the kids and our friends.




Then there was a giant pyramid of hay for the kids to climb on and tunnels to climb through and slides to go down! Great stuff:)


The boys loved looking at the fountain and the TONS of ducks that flocked to it.


The kids playing with the water pumper toy thing

This is what happens when you skip your nap and have too much fun at the farm...cute baby sleepy face in the car on the 10 minute ride home.

Per my request, my amazing husband (despite not really wanting to) made a huge leaf pile for the kids. We put chairs up for them to jump off of, Tucker got thrown in, Brayden got plopped in...bottom line, they loved it! It is here to stay for awhile:)



Yeah he was done...i kept taking pictures...oops!


Love the fall:)

No comments:

Post a Comment