Tomorrow I am off to Tanzania for 12 days to visit my sister with my parents. I am beyond excited about this trip! I can't wait to see her life, experience her life, spend time with her in a place that is so dear to her heart and a place that she has called home for the past 2 years. I can't wait to partner with her in loving the people of Tanzania and bringing them a glimpse of Jesus.
I am also a basket-case today! The tears will not stop flowing! I am incredibly sad to be leaving my kids and husband for that long, despite it being my choice to do so. I know that this experience is one that I will never again have, and for that I am beyond grateful to my husband for partnering with me to make this happen. But the sadness of missing them all, especially because I don't think T will fully be able to grasp what's going on, is enough to put me into a tailspin. Combine that with my (irrational) growing fear of flying-especially on 12.5 hour then 5.5 hour flights just to get there (add an hour coming home) and two other flights on "FastJet" to go on our safari-let's just say I'm freaking out about making it there and back in one piece. And to add fuel to the ever growing sadness fire, Tucker got suck on Saturday. It seems like a virus where he is just bleu with a fever that ranges from 99-102 throughout the day. Most of the time he's been pretty good, but this morning it all hit the fan. He went to bed at 9:30, woke up at 3:30 and then was up for the day at 8:30. He watched 3 shows and then we went for a run. He was definitely lethargic, but not miserable. Then when we got home, he lost it. He couldn't stop saying my name, had no clue why he was even saying it, kept coughing and getting himself all worked up, and then he puked. He's done this a few times before so I'm thinking he puked because of the crying, etc., but then he had a 101 fever and didn't want to eat lunch-just go take a nap-at 12:30. This kid fights his nap every day. Please pray with me that he would be healed NOW and that Max (who's feeling way less than stellar right now too) can be spared whatever this is. And the same for Brayden and myself. And if you're up for it, through a pray in for my anxiety level and an immense amount of peace about leaving the boys (all of them) and getting there and back.
I pray I have amazing pictures and stories to share in a couple short weeks!! Eek!
No comments:
Post a Comment