It's a Girl!!! We were very surprised and excited to find out that our third baby is a girl! Finley surprised us a few days earlier than my scheduled C-section on Monday, March 23rd. All of our kids seem to come with some flash, even though they were all c-sections. I was scheduled for Friday 3/27. We celebrated Tucker's 4th birthday a bit early with our family on Sunday 3/22. That night I just felt something was off. I had even told Max that morning that I didn't think I was making it until Friday. After everyone left I started to have contractions. I went to bed because they weren't too bad, but then around 3:00 I woke up and never fell back to sleep. I was definitely in pain, but it would come in waves and it wasn't unbearable. I had never been in labor before so I had no clue what to expect. I was googling what contractions feel like, how far apart they are supposed to be, etc. I even downloaded a contraction counter app! They never got more than 60-90 seconds, and were hovering around 45-60 for the most part, and never got closer than 5 min apart. It was actually good because I made a list of what to pack for the hospital. Then at 6 when I was still awake and walking around, I took a shower and started to pack. Max woke up then and was like, "what's going on?" I was in denial about all of this thinking that maybe it was just a false alarm. The contractions seemed to let up a bit, but then they came back. Finally at 8:00 I called the Doctor's and they told me to get to the hospital. I still was thinking that it wasn't a big deal, so I asked if I could just come to the office. She said definitely not, and told me to get there sooner than later. Of course, as soon as I got off the phone, they seemed to be a lot less painful. I never felt like they were unbearable, but they were certainly uncomfortable and would stop me in my tracks.
After I got some stuff together, and my mom made her way over, we headed to the hospital. Once we got there and I was hooked up, it was confirmed that I was having some very regular contractions so I was definitely going to be having the baby that day. I was only dialed 1 or 2 cm at first. At some point my water broke and then they started to move pretty quickly to get me prepped. There was something weird with my blood work which made me a little nervous. Also, my blood pressure had been elevated since I got there. I typically have very low blood pressure, and the last time I didn't was when Tucker was born. I was a little anxious because of this and then at one point, the babies heart beat literally slowed down and then just stopped. I could hear it. It was scary. Thankfully the nurse was in there then, and after what seemed like forever (probably a minute in reality) and having me flip from side to side, her heart beat came back. I was like, just get this baby out. I don't want to go through this again!
Well after a ton of antibiotics for a variety of reasons, and 3 hours at the hospital, and a very confused husband (the whole gender reveal thing was a little confusing....) we heard, IT'S A GIRL!
I think I was honestly more surprised about how small she was than that she was a girl!
Arriving at 12:37, at a mere albs and 4oz, 18.5 in, Finley Marie was born! We loved the name Finley, and she got her middle name because my original C-section date was 3/27, my Great Grandmother Mary's Birthday. We didn't want to use Mary exactly and my mom and sister's middle names are Marie, so we chose that. We also couldn't think of two other women who embody everything that we want for our daughter to be, so it was an easy choice! She's adorable, not letting us sleep for very long at night, but we love love love her and are so happy God chose to bless us with her! We are now officially outnumbered!
No comments:
Post a Comment