When Brayden was born his right eye would barely open. It was a LOT better by the time we left the hospital and he spent so much time sleeping that most people never really saw/notice it. I have an eye condition called strabismus so I am keenly aware of any "weirdness" going on with my kids' eyes, as it can be hereditary. I have a slight droopy eyelid too, as does Tucker, but its not anything that is super noticeable. Brayden's was DEFINITELY noticeable.
The pediatrician told me it was probably just birth trauma, which made no sense because I had a C-section. Over the next couple months it got a lot better, but his regular doctor suggested that I take him to the eye doctor sometime soon to get a baseline read on what was going on. It has gotten MUCH better since that first day, as these pictures show, but it is still there.


I finally got around to making an appointment and took Bradyen to my doctor at Yale today. Thankfully, his droopy lid is not impacting his vision at all. It amazed me with Tucker at 6 months and even more so with Brayden at 3.5 months, that the doctor can do an eye exam on an infant!
Brayden was a champ and had to get his eyes dilated and he didn't even cry! (I might add that my kids don't usually cry with shots either...minor mommy "bragging" moment-if you can even brag about that!) Thankfully his vision seems to be great too! So at this point, his droopy lid, which isn't even that bad anymore, is only a cosmetic thing and won't require any surgery as of now. He has to get it checked a couple times a year at first, but all looks great! We are so thankful!
| little guy knocked out after the drops |
| all dilated up! his pupils are huge!!! and so are his cheeks:) |

No comments:
Post a Comment