I'm a few days behind with this post, but our little guy is 7 months old! He continues to be a joyful blessing filled with smiles, giggles, drool and spit up.
He has adjusted well to being with the babysitter for the past month. We have an awesome situation and Brayden was able to spend one morning a week with her for the few months before I went back, so they were well acquainted:)
B has begun the phase where I put him on the ground in one place and then I find him in a completely different place (as demonstrated by a picture below). I am excited for him to start to move because it will give him more independence, but I am not rushing it! I understand and value the ability to plop him in a room and go do something and have him still be in that room when I return.
He has started to sit up by himself for the most part. He still falls over but those plops are getting less frequent. He is a HUGE fan of Tucker-T makes him laugh and vice versa. Their love is adorable and exactly what I dreamed/hoped it would be. I can't wait to see how it grows and their interactions become even more exciting (and rough I'm sure!) as they get older.
Brayden i still taking two naps-one from 9-1030/11 and one from 1/130-230/3. He began boycotting his catnap at dinner a few weeks ago and will only get it if he gets up before 3 from his nap. Otherwise he's a trooper and will make it until 730/8 for bed. Then he wakes up anywhere from 630-730 in the morning...he is very good about hanging in his crib until we get him at 7 though just like Tucker was.
He has begun eating many more foods this month. I have been much more lazy with introducing new foods than I was with Tucker. Oops! He's eating 3T mixed grain cereal with fruit for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then he also eats 1/2 tub veggies with lunch and dinner. He is very excited to start eating finger foods I think. He is always reaching for what we are eating and his dexterity is pretty good so we'll see. He still doesn't have any teeth (despite the EXCESSIVE drool and gnawing on things) so I might put the finger foods off for awhile. So far he's had, bananas, apples, pears, mangos, prunes, peas, carrots, and sweet potatoes. I think we need to add a few more! He's drinking 6 oz about 5 times a day-he's getting 2-3 bottles (mid morning, mid afternoon, and dinner) when I'm at work too. His red hair is still going strong and sometimes I think I see some curls coming...oh dear! My kids and their crazy hair!
We love him so very much and he is so smiley and fun. This is going to be a big month!
oh the love...2 seconds later Tucker stole Brayden's animal:)
I promise I didn't put him down under the crib...he's a master roller and swiveler
Tucker likes to tickle him!
red hair going strong!


No comments:
Post a Comment