Memorial Day Weekend is one of my favorite weekends!!! I LOVE that it's a three day weekend, but it also kicks off the summer and we have so many fun things always planned! I also love what it stands for- a day/weekend to recognize all those who have given their lives for our country and our freedom.
We started our weekend off with an very fun dinner out with friends, WITHOUT KIDS!!! It's always harder to go out on the weekends when I'm at work since my time with the boys is so limited anyways, but this was definitely a good night out and a much needed one! I felt like I'd gotten on a treadmill for the three weeks prior and hadn't gotten off yet. Work was busy as it always is at the end of the year, but Max was also away for a week and the morning after we had to be up early and out the door for the day for another busy weekend. We were FINALLY able to relax by ourselves! It was so nice!
Saturday Max took Tucker to Stepping Stones and I hung with Brayden and got some errands done. Only having one kid is like being on vacation! Saturday afternoon was Addie's birthday party. Addie is Tucker's best friend. He LOVES her and is not going to know what to do with himself when I am home from work again (he's with her three days a week) and especially when she goes to school next year. I have big shoes to fill:) He was the youngest kid there by a few years, but I thought he did pretty well hanging with the big kids. He wasn't sure what to do with the critters from the Critter Caravan, but he enjoyed petting some. He held the bearded dragon/lizard on his leg and then he randomly picked it up and threw it back at the lady...so funny!
Some of the kids all set and ready to see the critters. Tucker is next to Addie, of course!
He loved petting the rabbit and the chinchilla-they were very soft!
I was surprised he wanted to feed the guinea pig! So brave. He wasn't interested in the snake, which I found out later would have been a bad idea...Max was ready to kill me for even being willing to let him hold the snake! Oops!
The kids made ice cream sundaes-he devoured his of course:)
Sunday we had a somewhat mellow day, but had a very fun BBQ with family:) Tucker had a blast with Papa and Baba....he saw my parents pull up from our room, and went FLYING out of my room to the front door screaming, "Papa" and then blew past my mom to give my dad a hug...so cute! Good thing mom isn't sensitive:)
Monday was one of my favorite traditions-the Memorial Day parade. It just wasn't the same without my sister there...she usually walks with the Pirates and gets them to shoot the cannon right near us...we did Facetime her so that she could experience them. That's right, I ran down the street, barefoot, with my sister in Africa on Facetime so she could see the pirates shoot the canon at the Memorial Day parade...that's love people!
This was the first year where Tucker actually sat still and enjoyed the parade. He loved sitting in his little chair my mom got him and watching all of the bands (he would clap when they came by), cars, and fire trucks. Brayden didn't seem to like the sirens (but he was going on a 15 minute nap-oops!) but Tucker loved them!
Enjoying his chair and checking out what's coming next
The Zietz Boys:)
There were 4 bands...he clapped for all of them!
There were a lot of fun cars in the parade this year.
Thumbs up!
Hanging with Papa
The Rushin Russian II and it's predecessor have always been a part of the parade!
So have these guys...MRT and MRT Jr.....at least that's what we call them:)
The Pirates!!!!
Brayden had a lot of cuddle time with Nana. He was such a trooper going on barely any sleep! He always surprises us:)
We had so much fun with Matt, Sarah, and William! Love how this tradition keeps expanding!
This car was fun...it welcomed the Shriners!
It will always be a mystery to me how grown men fit in these little cars...especially this guy!
We spent the rest of the day relaxing at home. It was such a fun weekend! Tucker wrapped it up by picking up rocks and checking out the new barrel fountain Max got.
And it was too nice out to pass up Go Greenly!
Bring on the summer!







No comments:
Post a Comment