Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Weekend Away!

Max and I were blessed with a weekend away a couple weeks ago! My parents too the kids for the weekend which was such a gift! We had so much fun exploring New York City differently than we have before. We wanted to do some different things than we've done before. For some reason I've never been to Macy's at Herald Square and conveniently, our hotel (Groupon deal!!!) was right there! We had a blast walking a TON (12.5 miles on Saturday!) and eating (a TON) and spending some quality time with each other.

Our walk to the hotel Friday night. I love the library-never been in, but it's beautiful!

This was the view from our hotel room...hello Mr. Empire!

We got tickets to watch UCONN in a tournament at MSG Friday night. It turned out to be awesome because they were in the championship game against Indiana, and it was a SICK game! Max lost his voice from yelling SHABAZZ so many times. We sat right in front of the mini student section so I think we were living vicariously through them, thinking we were back in Storrs.

I told the front desk it was my birthday when we checked in (technically this wasn't a birthday trip, but it was the weekend before) and we got back from the game to find this tasty treat and nice note:)

On Saturday we slept in (a little) and went to breakfast at a cute place in Chelsea. We walked from Herald Square all the way to the Freedom Tower. It was ridiculous how far we walked, but it was really cool to be able to walk through so much of the city, which we never do when we usually go in. I just love looking at all of the architecture in the City too.




We stumbled through Washington Park. Such a pretty entrance! We saw a man entertaining the passersby with his piano playing, and a wonderful little bird man (shown below).


The freedom tower. Incredible.

The lone picture of the two of us this weekend. We were not about to walk back up to Times Square for the TKTS booth...hello Subway!

 I love seeing all of the store windows decorated for Christmas. This was before we made in INSIDE the 9 floors of Macy's. The funny thing about me wanting to see it so badly is that I rarely shop at the one in our own town!

Herald Square was getting ready for the Thanksgiving Parade. On Friday night they had an outdoor showing of Miracle on 34th street. So cute!
Saturday night we went to see a great play called ONCE. It had great music and was so fun to see. Not too "show-y" and there was a bar on stage-part of the set, but you could go up to get a drink before the show and during intermission

 Sunday we got up and walked to Bryant Park to have breakfast at a really cute cafe/restaurant right there. Then we walked around all of the cool Holiday shops. So many great vendors with unique products!

 We had a blast an were worry free knowing that the kids were in good hands:) At least that's what we thought...we got home Sunday afternoon and when it was time for baths before bed, this is what we found...we THOUGHT they were being taken care of well...I'll give you one guess which "adult" wrote this in the bath...
For real though, the boys love Nama and Papa and had a blast being able to have a special weekend with them. I think they were tired, but the boys were wondering where they were when they woke up from naps!  Tucker in particular was not excited about them leaving!  What a nut.

No comments:

Post a Comment