Thursday, December 19, 2013

Go Big or Go Home!

Well when we get sick, we really get sick.  Our boys don't get sick often, thankfully, but when they do, it's always bad.  Let this week be no different!
Last week Tucker came down with a mild fever and bad cough/cold. A couple days later Brayden got the same thing.  They are both pretty happy when they're sick so we usually just power through.  I figured they were fighting some virus or something.
Yesterday I got a call from the babysitter at work that "Brayden had been coughing the whole time they drove to drop of T at school and he has labored breathing." I'm not one to freak about about sicknesses (hence not bringing either kid to the doctor yet) but that freaked me out. Luckily we got an appointment and lo and behold-Croup and an ear infection! Poor kid. They gave me a steroid to give him so I was hoping that would work, but then last night around 11:15 he had a coughing and gagging fit so we had to do the whole steamy shower/bathroom and then outside in the cold thing. He was fine with it, but while we were outside I saw a random car drive down the road, and then back about a minute later. We live on a really quiet street, no one comes on it unless they live here or are going to someone's house-and it was 11:45pm! Max has been away for the week (home tonight!!!) so I freaked out that someone was going to rob our house-slept with a knife next to the bed!  Then Tucker was up, etc. it was a rough night.

I had made an appointment for Tucker today just in case, but I really didn't think there was anything wrong with him. Well, He has a double ear infection and is wheezing and needs antibiotics and nebulizer treatments. Dr. also said that Brayden was worse than they originally thought so he needs neb treatments too!  Boys were pretty good while we waited around for the medicine at the grocery store, but then we got home and I tried to do the nebulizer...the stupid thing isn't working! Ugh!! After a lot of praying, the thing started working! Both kids are asleep (Brayden practically fell asleep in his highchair at lunch after crying for 40 minutes while he battled me the entire time to take the neb) and I'm hoping it stays that way for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment