Friday, February 14, 2014

A Snowy Winter

I don't know that we've had more snow than usual, but it has been a colder winter than in years past, and we've had more snow events...it's been almost on a weekly basis for the past month or so.  I take notice of these things because as a teacher, it effects when I go to work or not, and how late I have to work into the summer.  We finally have been able to get out in the snow without any sickness or bitterly cold temperatures deterring us.  After last week's snow Tucker and I were able to make a snowman, and today my mom watched the boys for a bit and they went to play again.  Tucker also gets to play on the playground in full snow attire at school so he's getting his fill.

Our neighbors are just the nicest-they literally go up and down the street snow blowing everyone's driveway who might need it. It has been such a huge help to those of us with just shovels this winter:)

Tucker and I playing and getting some fresh air from the stomach bug that attacked our house last week. We built "Frost the Turtle Shark".




Tucker likes to clean up his messes-at least for now- and is a big fan of the dust buster-he thinks it's a game I think!


 Brotherly love

Lots of happiness in this house:)

Brayden is getting so big!
 Snow days used to be filled with organizing, lounging, and whatever else I felt like doing. Now with two active children, I wake up and think, ok-how can we entertain ourselves when we can't leave the house today? I am so thankful that my children are pretty easily amused and can entertain themselves quite well. For the most part they get along well too so that's helpful. Yesterday was a fun filled and very pleasant snow day for our house!

We had a cinnamon French Toast that Max made for breakfast and then we did some crafts with crayons and stickers. Brayden is gaining more interest in this since he sees Tucker so interested. As much as Tucker can't sit still, he really likes to do crafts and color/paint. Then we went and played with a ton of toys in the basement. They got along great and I was able to get some work done!


I found an easy recipe awhile back for Cloud dough-which is basically knock off moon dough-a fluffier version of play dough. It was so easy and was just made of corn starch and conditioner. I added some food coloring and the boys had fun playing with cookie cutters and the dough for awhile.



Max made the kids snow-daes after lunch with sprinkles, etc. They loved it!


 And my healthy lunch of apples with Nutella clearly had to be shared as well.


After great naps, they finally watched a show and then we went to our neighbors for dinner! It was a successful snow day...but I think I'm done with them. I get ready for Spring right about this time every year...come soon March!



No comments:

Post a Comment