Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oh the Love!!

Oh I have such love for my kids. There are days (many) and hours (even more) that I am wondering where my cute adorable children have gone? But without fail, they always come back:)  I just love life with these CRAZY little boys who never sit still, enjoy lots of desserts, love to dance, make up their own songs, screech as their main form of communication, love cars, trucks, trains and anything that moves, get BEYOND excited to see people, tell me not to go, tell me not to come home, give big wet kisses, poop a lot, don't poop at all, give LOADS of love to us, love each other, and are the biggest blessings we have ever received:)  

This year for Valentine's day we were just so excited to spend the day loving on our kids.  Having two boys, especially ones as young as ours, I didn't feel the need to get them a gift for V-Day (heck Max and I barely get each other cards!), but they each got a little something from my secret toy stash when I felt bad for not getting them anything.  And we had a relish dinner of heart-shaped ravioli's. My mom was tasked with bringing dessert which awesomely turned into LOTS of relish treats from Luigi's!!! Tucker even got a special cupcake with heart shapes on top! Like I said these boys love their sweets...wonder where they get that from?!



Fun dinner with friends...three cute little boys with matching PJ's!

 how could we pass up the fancy cupcakes Sarah brought?!


Oh! Go Greenly? More sweets? Don't mind if we do!


 Tucker is a very strong willed child-he's not unlike many budding 3 year olds who want to exercise their independence and don't understand why they can't do everything that they want.  Kids need boundaries. They'll thank us later. Some battles are not worth fighting. Like the one where Tucker decided that he wanted to sleep on his floor.  I was pretty sure it wouldn't last (Max thought it was the worst idea ever), but I thought it would be better for him to learn why it was not so smart on his own, instead of me just telling him.  Suffice it to say that he lasted for about 5 minutes...and then called me to help get his stuff back up into his bed:)  Mom-1 Tucker-0

When it was just tucker I definitely took him to do a lot more. We didn't have as much "stuff" going on and I only needed to watch him. With both boys it makes it harder to go do some things because one can't be at the other's class, event, etc.  This is especially tough now because Brayden is fully on the move. I used to be able just to drag him places in his carseat and leave him in a corner...not so much. Anways, I finally figured out a class at My Gym that the boys can go to together that we can actually get to. I definitely prefer them in their own classes (it's a little tough to watch both of them in different places, but the staff there is wonderful and totally helps with that!) but this works for now.  All I will say is Brayden LOVES My Gym. He's still getting the whole Circle Time sit still thing down (he doesn't like to sit) but he's loving it. The pictures show it:)




Tucker drew a picture of our family...tucker, "bay-den", mommy and daddy. You can see all of our heads...at least I think so.

We took a trip up north to celebrate Max's mom's bday...the only way the boys last over an hour in the car without torturing us is with a movie...and now they watch two different ones (gotta find the cord that lets them watch the same one!) Tucker got to use Max's Beats headphones...lucky kid!

They wanted their pictures taken at dinner one night...


Brayden finally got a legit hair cut...but these were the curls before they got clipped!

Last fRiday was a rough day for the B-man.  Morning: Tucker fell off a chair onto his head and Brayden split his upper lip and it WOULD. NOT. STOP. BLEEDING!  Afternoon: Tucker was dancing around and got off balance and danced his head right into Brayden's. The black eye was immediate.  Moral of the story: Tucker's inherited clumsiness is wreaking havoc on his brother.

And the last piece of blog-worthy news: Tucker got a new umbrella. Suffice it to say, he was excited.

Oh Spring...we need you.  We LOVE you. We need more space to prevent further injuries. We need rain, not snow so we can use our new umbrella. Actually the rain can hold off. Not a fan of the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment