Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Bye Bye Swaddle!!
It was a long week with lots of tears and screams (from Brayden, not me) and me having to explain to Tucker that "baby" as he calls B, was just learning how to fall asleep. But we did it! Brayden is not finally falling asleep, and for the most part, staying asleep through his naps without a swaddle. There must be something wrong with me but my kids don't just "grow out" of their swaddle habits. I wish I knew how to make that happen, but so far I'm 2 for 2 with having to break their habit. Brayden started rolling over a few weeks ago so I felt like we really needed to stop the swaddle so he didn't get stuck (odds are small that would happen, but still). My first attempt was fruitless. After 2 days and many naps of him screaming for a long time without every falling back to sleep, we were at his 4 month appointment and I couldn't bring myself to let him cry it out on a day he'd had shots. Then the next day my parents were babysitting all day so I didn't think it was fair to have them do that. After getting through a few minor feeding issues we finally tackled it again last Tuesday. On Monday afternoon he took a 2 hour nap and barely cried falling asleep! Then yesterday he didn't cry for any of his naps and took naps that were all over an hour! VICTORY! It feels so good to know that the cry it out ordeal works in the end-it only took a week! So pumped!
Labels:
brayden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment