Before I forget, we had Tucker's 2 year appointment. He had to get a finger prick (no tears!) and a shot (tears-and he looked so confused at the nurse as to why she would hurt him! he got over it fast.). He weighed 30 pounds (75th percentile) and is 35.5 inches (80th percentile). I can't believe he's almost 3 feet tall!!
This update is most definitely the hardest one to write so far-probably because it's been the longest between updates! I also think that so much has happened in his life in the past six months as far as what he can do now. There are just so many things! I don't want to forget anything. I have loved looking back at his updates-especially to compare some of them to where Brayden is at as he grows so fast! A friend of mine told me that so much happens between 18-24 months and she was definitely correct! I have been home for the past 5 months too so I feel like I have witnessed EVERYTHING and seen him do so many funny little things that I want to remember them for the future too!
So here it goes:
Tucker continues to amaze us with his never-ending energy. People who don't see him often and then share some time with him always have the same comment: "he doesn't stop, does he?" And the answer is always "nope!" But I wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes I just want him to sit and cuddle with me, but I so appreciate that he is always up for anything! He is a pretty flexible kid-he loves to meet new people and does well when we leave him. We had a new babysitter a few weeks ago and within minutes of her being here he was grabbing her hand to drag her around the house to show her around.
I could write a book about things about tucker so i'm going to have to summarize:
Shows his muscles
Does Touchdown
When you ask how old he is, he says Two and holds up his thumb and pointer finger
When we clean his face off after eating he loves to do "blubber lips"
He likes to blow kisses, give high fives, and fist-bumps--especially to Brayden-he always laughs right afterwards
He likes to blink and smile to make us laugh-especially when he is doing something that he's about to get in trouble for
He makes a funny face with his mouth open and shakes his head around if he throws his milk or does something he's not supposed to...makes it tough not to laugh when we should be disciplining
He has to use a napkin-"nam-kin" when he eats and if he spills food or milk he has to clean it up...hoping this minor OCD is a stage!
Once I showed him how to wipe milk up off the floor (just a few spots) with his socks so he started spilling milk and wiping it up with his feet just so he could practice his new "skill"
He is a great hugger-especially when he gives squeezy hugs
He gets most excited to see Addie-he will run up to her and tackle her with a hug. He's getting better about just hugging and not tackling now:)
He gets just about excited when he sees Papa
He is a HUGE Thomas the thank engine (choo choo) fan. He just got a train table for his birthday so he likes it even more now!
He's getting into Curious George (Deuge) and often chooses to watch George over Choo Choo...making progress!
He loves to make forts-especially with Max and my dad (Papa). They really turn into pillow piles because Tucker will knock them over. One of his favorite fort activities is pillow diving. He either just dives on a pile of pillows or he stands on the couch and dives off to land on the pillow angled against the couch. It was great til he tried to ride his ATV down it.
He did manage to almost ride his ATV down the laundry room steps-I thankfully looked back (I was at the bottom) to see him at the top of the stairs just as he started going down. I dove to catch the ATV and he was safe-I however bruised the right side of my body and stubbed my toe pretty badly on the door and vacuum cleaner...nothing compared to what could have happened to him!
He climbs all over everything and likes to jump/fall off of them often too.
He has fun playing in his Hoose, with his cars, puzzles, mega blocks (to make a Zabadoo) and with his cups-he loves to take the tops off and on.
He also likes to color and to play with beans-or needs.
He is saying a TON of words. He can say most of his friends names-my favorite is that he calls our neighbor "Hoef" his nickname based on their lastname that his wife calls him-I guess Tucker picked up on it!
He gets excited to see his friends-sometimes his excessive socialness can be intimidating to other kids. We need to work on spacial awareness-a challenge for a toddler.
He, for the most part, is not shy. He has minimal fear in social situations. He came with me to work one day and ran from me and flew into the cafeteria during 7th grade lunch-most adults wouldn't want to walk into 7th grade lunch:)
He is going to go to a 2's program next year so we went to look at a few preschools. He went right into class and started playing with the kids. He through a fit when it was time to leave the place we ended up choosing...hoping that doesn't happen next year!
It's so fun to bring him places because he can actually enjoy the experiences now. I get such joy seeing the joy on his face. He likes to do regular mundane things too. No matter where we go, he says hi to everyone we walk by. I feel bad because most people don't say back. They either don't hear him or the whole "we live in CT and nobody is friendly here" thing might come in to play. I hope he doesn't lose the desire to say Hi to everyone:)
He also points out all of the trucks, buses, etc that we see as we're driving. It makes for free entertainment, but I am also painfully aware of every truck, bus, etc. that we drive by!
He has managed to figure out how to work my iphone. He unlocks the screen, enters my password, scrolls to the screen with the kids games, clicks on the box with the games, and then picks his games. I keep saying I should probably change the password...
He absolutely loves being outside. He seems to have a much better tolerance for the cold than I do. He will want to swing and run around no matter the weather. He really started to enjoy the snow more this year. He especially loved to walk on it and make it crunch under his feet. He was determined to crunch every part of the snow on the yard I think! Thank God it melted!
He is a big fan of being a big brother. The two of them make each other laugh and smile and they "talk" to eachother. Tucker loves being able to help me get things for Brayden, and he is a pro at putting his binky back in-something he helps our other baby friends with too often also. He has only recently started to take things from Brayden when he's using them. Sharing is, as always for a toddler, a work in progress.
He has certainly come a long way in the sharing scene. He went from not saying anything when someone took a toy, to crying when someone took a toy, to being the one who takes the toy, to playing the pulling game over a toy, to learning to take turns. He has gotten a lot better and will hopefully continue to improve!
We go to MyGym every week and he loves to climb on the rock wall (with a LOT of help) and the ladder rungs, go down the slide, swing on the swings, and use the zip line.
He loves music. His favorite songs right now are Taylor Swift's "I Knew You were Trouble"-also known as the EE-EE song, Pitbull's "Don't stop the party"-this is his favorite dance party song (we love dance parties in our hosue), and the Of Monsters and Men song, "Little Talks" which we call the HEY song. I love that he randomly yells HEY out during the song-not usually at the right spot, but it's a start!
He is getting very good at using his spoon and fork and has no problem drinking out of a straw. His clumsiness takes over when it comes to drinking out of a cup without a top, but that's ok for now.
He can be a big challenge at mealtimes sometimes. He went through a phase where he refused to sit in his highchair/booster seat. We got a booster that just sits on the chair that he can climb in and out of easily and he likes that much better. He still doest not like fruits/veggies very much, but like the rest of his food preferences, he's hit or miss. He will ALWAYS eat pasta and sauce, or Noo Noos.
He also will pretty much only drink milk. We give him less than Whole milk sometimes and cut the milk with water so he's getting some, but all of the dairy helps to contribute to his constipation problems. He has had to take Miralax for a bit, but for the past week he has been Miralax free and regular! I'm hoping this is a new 2 year old Tucker in the poo department!
He tells us when he farts, by saying POOP. He laughs whenever he or anyone around him farts-especially Brayden.
He's starting to want his privacy, but he has no problem being in the middle of a room going-and with the beat red face and grunting, it's no secret what's going on!
As I posted previously, he's moved into a Toddler bed now. He does stay in it for the most part. He has fallen out a few times-which we can't figure out how, and he's gotten up and come to the door a couple times but it usually doesn't happen. He can open doorknobs so we had to put the safety knobs on now to make sure he doesn't go explore the other rooms upstairs!
I'm sure I'm forgetting things I wanted to record, but oh well! I got a lot.
I pray that Tucker's personality would always be one that points people to Jesus and that he will never lose his zest for life, friendliness and ability to bring joy to others. He is truly a gift from God and our little miracle. We are so thankful that we get to be his parents and experience the craziness that is life with this little fire-ball every day!
We love you Tucker J!

No comments:
Post a Comment