This post is WAY overdue, but every time I went to do it, there was some issue with blogger or my computer...and then we went on vacation, and i didn't bring my computer. So here we are, back in CT, with my laptop:)
Brayden continues to be an adorable and extremely pleasant little dude. He LOVESSSSSSSS Tucker. When we go up to get him from his nap, Brayden starts kicking his legs and flapping his arms when we get to the top of the stairs, and then he has the biggest smile when we open the door and see T. It's so cute. He's gotten more mobile so Tucker likes to chase him or play tag...the army crawl is fast but not the best for tag yet. This also means that B can get into T's toys even when Tucker doesn't want him to...so Brayden is providing Tucker numerous valuable lessons in how to share.
He is still eating three meals a day and taking 4, 6 oz bottles, although they've been a bear to get him to drink lately. He's still spitting up, but it gets less and less all the time (Max hates it!) He's started to eat puffs and yogurt melts. It only took me two days to let him eat the whole puff...i'm doing much better about the whole choking thing! He doesn't have any teeth yet, so there's a limit on what foods I can give him without it taking an hour to eat a meal because the pieces are miniscule.
He's still a champion napper, but really likes to be in a bed of sorts. He usually goes from 930-11ish and then 2-330/4ish. He and Tucker nap at the same time in the afternoon now so I can get a break which is nice:) And he's sleeping from 8-7ish which is also a great treat!
He's super squirmy and is borderline TORTURE to change his diaper lately. I need an arsenal of toys/distractions when he gets his diaper changed! He's got a great army crawl going and is starting to pull himself up on things (see the crib picture below). He's gotten very good at going from his belly to a sitting position and vice versal. His increased is mobility is wonderful. I know i'm about to enter the "can't take your eyes off them" stage, but I love the excitement that he has when he gets that much closer to being able to do what Tucker does. And although I'm sure I'll regret this, I'm excited for them to be running around with each other. Tucker never stops moving as it is, so what's one more crazy kid in the mix!?!
He is still quite loud and has this killer screech thing going on...it's a happy screech thankfully, but a loud one. T and B like to communicate with each other by screaming/screeching at the top of their lungs it seems. Brayden is less entertained by his baby toys and more entertained by Tucker's trucks and cars. We've had to make a Brayden safe truck bin for Tucker to share with him...much to T's dismay:) He also loves to pull the magnetic letters off the dishwasher. When they aren't on he'll stare at his reflection and laugh...so cute. He's also followed in Tucker's footsteps of eating people's shoes. What is it with babies and dogs eating shoes?
At his 9 month appointment he really porked up! He's 29 inches (75th percentile) and 20lbs 11 oz (50th percentile). He jumped a growth curve in every measurement which is great, because he had dropped a bit at his 4 month appt.
We love this little boy who brings us, and apparently everyone he sees joy with his sweet smile and fiery red hair. And contrary to some initial thoughts, it is VERY clearly here to stay! He even has a few curls popping out from time to time. We have a frame on his wall that says "I could eat you up, I love you so." We put it up before he was born-before we even knew he was a he! It is so fitting for this little guy:) Love you lots B!



No comments:
Post a Comment