Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2 months old!!!

I said it every month with Tucker, and I will most likely say it every month with Brayden-I can't believe he's TWO months already!  My how time flies...which with newborns, is sometimes a good thing:)  Brayden is so cute and snuggly (way more that Tucker was) and is a much easier baby than Tucker, but I still get excited thinking about the day/night when he sleeps through the night!
Brayden is probably an average baby, but I still think he's not too bad, since he has been much easier than Tucker was so far.  I keep waiting for the craziness to begin and just when it gets close, he goes back to super pleasant baby!  Thank God!

He's eating much quicker (anywhere from 15-20 min for the most part, but some up to 30) and is lasting more like 2.5-3 hours in between feedings during the day.  He cluster feeds in the evenings and has lately adopted a 4-6-8ish schedule.  He gets up once at night sometime between 3 and 4am usually, but he has made it a couple times to 5!  He is not a fan of the dream feed bottle, unlike Tucker, which kinda sucks for me! He was getting his last feeding at 9/9:30 and then Max would struggle to give him maybe .5 oz at 10:30/11.  The past week I've started to feed him at 8/8:30 and then put him to bed.  Then I'll wake him up between 10/10:30 and change him and feed him before I go to bed.  It's been working out pretty well, although there have been some nights where I just want to go to bed at 9 and can't!  Oh well-he's still doing better than T.  And then he will get up sometime around 7:30 usually.  Nothing to complain about!

He is so cute and VERY smilely!  He has started to coo a bit and has rolled over from stomach to back twice.  The first time we missed it, but then both Max and I saw the second one.  Most likely they were both flukes, but we'll see if he repeats it more frequently now. He likes to lay on his playmat and swat the animals that hang.  He's not a huge fan of tummy time for mroe than 5 minutes, but he can hold his head up pretty high.  I put him in the Bumbo for a few minutes today and he did pretty well with that too.
He seems to be growing steadily but I will find out next week when he goes for his 10 week appt.
He has started to get a little fussier-not sure if it is typical 2-4 month fussiness or if he is having some stomach/gas issues.  He is not a fan or sleeping for more than 45 min for the most part during naps.  I can usually get him back to sleep, but sometimes it requires some effort and screaming from him...not fun! He is coming around to the swing, which is helpful to me, but sometimes we can swaddle him and put him in his crib.  He is also a big fan of his binky-especialy to sleep-which is when he gets it for the most part.
He still resembles Tucker, especially when his eyes are closed, but he is certainly starting to look like his own person!
We love him very very much and have enjoyed seeing all the changes that have happened in the past two months:)





No comments:

Post a Comment