Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The past two weeks...

First, this little dude, is amazing! He is such a blessing and such a joyful little baby! He is so happy and with the exception of his frequent diaper blow outs, he's quite easy.  He has his moments just like any baby does, but for the most part he sleeps well, eats well, and likes to play and smile!  A welcome change from Tucker's first few months!




Max started a new job next week at a company called InContext Solutions, based out of Chicago.  He has an office here, but he had to spend the week in Chicago for the initial training, etc.  I was definitely a little anxious about being home by myself for the whole week with both boys.  I was thinking it would be exhausting-which it certainly was tiring.  We planned something for pretty much every morning of the week and the boys took great naps in the afternoons to allow me to rest.  I also had the benefit of using our babysitter a couple days, and my parents and brother were really helpful too! So nice to have family near by who can give you a break!  We survived nicely with lots of prayer, crock pot freezer meals (the best invention ever!), and helps from great friends and family:)

Monday Addie came over to play for the morning!


Tuesday I took Brayden for his 10 week appointment (50th percentile weight, 75th height) and then went to visit Sarah and Willaim while Tucker was with miss Lynne and Addie. I even managed to give both boys baths and get them to bed with no tears!

When I got home from Sarah's, his new toy food had arrived so he had fun exploring that after his nap.

Wednesday Tucker went to play with my brother while Brayden and I went to meet my friend Lauren's new daughter, Willa! Then we went to my parents' house for dinner.
Thursday we had play group which is always fun and my parents came here for dinner.  Tucker had so much fun making/destroying forts with my dad in the basement.  My mom wouldn't let him go to bed with wet hair so she had to blowdry it-and him-just like she used to do with us:)


Friday Tucker went to play with Addie and Miss Lynne while I brought Brayden in to school to visit my friends and meet everyone.  He was so good!
Before Tucker went to play he had fun watching the oil truck fill up our tank...anything with trucks is a HUGE hit!

 Who doesn't love playing underneath a laundry basket, right?!


 Unfortunately, the end of the week didnt' go as smoothly as the rest of it.  Max was supposed to land in White Plains at 9:15pm, but he called me at 10:15 to tell me they had landed in Hartford because White Plains closed due to heavy fog.  He ended up getting a cab from Hartford, with three other people, one woman who had "horse breath", and had to drive to White Plains, get his car, and come home.  He got in at 2am.  Then I woke up with a nasty stomach bug and barely got out of bed all day.  I basically fed Brayden and that was it.  Thankfully it only seemed to last 24 hours and by Sunday night I was feeling pretty much back to normal.

This week Max has more training in the city for a few days, but at least nothing is overnight.  Just long days!  With the snow today I was feeling especially lazy (that and I went to bed late last night after going to the Night of Hope and Healing Concert with my Dad) so we spent the morning in PJs, watched some of Cars2, dove on/off of forts, and baked/decorated ginger bread cookies (from a bag-please!).



 Tucker is crazy. He never walks, always runs. He doesn't just ride his ATV around the house, he man-handles it.  And as of today, he also off-roads with it and then throws himself from the seat onto pillows-at least most of the time it was onto a pillow!


These two are great and I can't wait to see how they both begin destructing things together even sooner than I think! But for now I am going to enjoy the long naps that they take and the calmness that at least one of them exudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment