Tucker is 21 months today so I figured it was time for an update.
Tucker has started to speak even more (the usual progression, I know) in the past few weeks. It has been so cute to see/hear him use more words in a row and randomly start saying new words. He's also changed the way he says some words to more understandable versions, which is always helpful.
A couple of his favorite/our favorite things that he says right now are: "bite-a-bite-a-bite-pease-pease"-translation= bite please. "elp pease"= help please. "oh, da baby" and "oh baby" when he sees Brayden. Max has also taught him to say "poop" and "deuce". He uses poop more often to refer to when he pees, poops, farts, or hears a fart. He will say what he wants 3-4 times too, which is cute most of the time. For example, if he wants to get up he'll say, "up up up up." And one of his favorite new words is "cookie." Just in time for the holiday season, complete with a wide variety of cookies.
He has just started to say "bible" and milk is finally sounding more like "milk" instead of "muh". I get really confused whenever he says snow, because it comes out like "no" and I am wondering what he's saying "no no no no" for when we are in the car or if he's looking out the window.
He also thinks that if he says "peas" it means he should get it.
He's been doing some other funny things too lately that I want to write down so I don't forget. He is a bundle of energy and literally doesn't stop the entire day. I am used to it, but a couple different people have watched him lately during the day and their comment is always the same when I return: "He just doesn't stop, does he?" Nope- he's always on the move. The rare moments that he will sit and read or play with his trains/cars while standing somewhat still are wonderful!
Anyways, he's started to gallop around the house in a circle over and over again (he does the same thing at anyone else's house where he can run in a circle, but usually without the gallop) and will intermittently "neigh". If he doesn't something that he knows he isn't supposed to do, like throw his milk cup on the floor, he makes this face, which I have yet to capture on camera, with eyes and mouth wide open and he will sometimes bob his head. It's so funny, but I have to keep a straight face-which often results in me turning around before I reprimand him so I can get a laugh or smile out first.
He's still super social and loves being the center of attention. He was loving all of the holiday gatherings where he could hang out with people-especially DD, since she's home. My brother is slightly excited for D to go back to Africa this weekend because he'll be the favorite again...but no one can hold a candle to how Tucker feels about my dad, Papa. If I am on the phone, he thinks it's Papa (we facetime him sometimes). In order to get him in the car one day last week I told him we were going to see Papa-we weren't-oops! When we got to my grandma's and my mom came in, he said hi and then ran by her to look around the house for where Papa was. Big oops! Last time I lie about that to him!
He is certainly a strong-willed child and has increased his meltdown frequency-oh joy!-which I am unsure if its because of Brayden or his age or both-I'm leaning towards both.
For the most part he is an incredibly loving and fun kid. He loves his brother and loves to give him kisses and tries to play with him, and he's usually gentle, and one of the cuter things he does with Brayden is if Brayden is crying and really upset, Tucker gets upset too and has even come and tugged on me a few times if I'm not coming right away so that I will help him. Love it!
Fun times with DD as always!
loved his Christmas outfit so I just had to put it in (ignore the shoes-I didn't feel like buying black ones to match!)

No comments:
Post a Comment