Well this Christmas was just as busy as year's past, but with many differences. It was probably one of the most fun Christmases we've had since we've been married, because we got to share it with a little boy who was able to enjoy all of the festivities!
We had six Christmas celebrations this year again, but this year was MUCH more tolerable because they were spread out.
The biggest change/adjustment for me was that I didn't wake up at my parents' house for the first time in 30 years on Christmas morning. For as long as I can remember I have been woken up by my Dad blasting the Hallelujah chorus loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear. I was a little sad but seeing Tucker enjoy opening his presents at our house Christmas morning made up for it. We also didn't go to Max's mom's house on Christmas night for the first time since we've been married. We've been celebrating with his sister and mom on the day after Christmas for awhile now, but we usually go up on Christmas night. Despite the change in tradition, we really enjoyed not having to load the car with everything extra we would have needed to spend the night at the various houses. It made for a bit of relaxation amidst the craziness of our Christmas celebrations.
#1: Christmas Eve brunch at my parents' house with my grandparents and my uncle mike's family

 |
| and no, the color coordinating and spacing was not planned. |
#2: Dinner at our house with my family- complete with Just Dance2 dance offs and lots of laughs and funny stories being told!
 |
| we had one candle, but our neighbors had 26 candles lit in memory of the 26 lives lost at Sandy Hook. |
#3: Christmas Morning at our house!
 |
| yes most of the gifts are for tucker....but half of them were clothes that he needed that I wrapped up so he could have fun opening:) |
 |
| we had to wake him up at 7:30 so that we could get the gifts opened in time to get to my parents' house for brunch. Tucker was a little cranky and sleepy still. |
 |
| it didn't take long for him to dig in! |
 |
| Brayden's first Christmas morning! |
 |
| he picked the two biggest gifts to open first |
 |
| thankfully we got snow yesterday so now he can go try it out! |
 |
| we're tempted to have him wear this around the house since he's so clumsy! |
 |
| he has cultivated a major obsession with Thomas and Friends...ughhh |
#4: Christmas morning at my parents house!
 |
| i think he has enough match box cars for life! They are getting rationed |
 |
| everyone got great gifts made by disabled artisans in Tanzania from a business one of D's friends started called Karama (I think that's how you spell it). They are all awesome! This is a cute ball! Tucker and Brayden also got prints that my dad made frames for and they both got Owl stuffed animals. I got an awesome headband and necklace and bracelet. I'm sure there were more but I can't remember. |
 |
| here's the headband |
 |
| having fun with DD...he kept taking pictures of everything. |
 |
| these are the most adorable PJ's Tucker got from my mom-of course they are Thomas. |
 |
| my bro's girlfriend Anggy came this year too! It was so fun having her there! |
 |
| my dad made tucker a stool just like the one the one he had made my brother when he was little! It's awesome!! |
#5: Christmas dinner at my aunt's
 |
| our fam:) |
#6: Christmas at Max's mom's!
 |
| opening gifts from the Baldwins! |
 |
| I might be more excited about T's new play kitchen from GG than T is yet:) Max is getting it set today! |
 |
| cousins pic...minus Brayden-he was asleep! |
Well it was a fun but tiring but very fun few days!! I can't wait until next year:)
No comments:
Post a Comment