Everyone says that Christmas is more fun with kids, and I would have to agree! The all-important meaning of Christmas and the excitement that we feel surrounding Christ's birth doesn't change, but it is so fun to experience all of the traditions of the Christmas season with Tucker (Brayden, unfortunately, has no clue what is going on!)
I really wanted to be sure that we didn't let the craziness that is the Christmas season drown out the real meaning of the day and I didn't want to let the craziness make it fly by too fast to experience all that the season has to offer. Cue Pinterest! I found a few ideas for advent calendars and finally decided to make an activity advent calendar. I took some of the activities from blogs I found online, and others I just added. I also found an advent calendar that has different Bible verses that share the story of Jesus's birth over the course of the month. And thus our activity/Bible verse advent calendar was born.
I bought some cardstock, Christmas stickers, a clip board, scarpbooking paper and some Modge Podge and created our calendar:)
We've been really good about doing all of the activities so far (we are only 1 week in) and I'm hopefully that we can keep up our streak:) Here's what we've done so far and some pictures (which I think are in previous posts too)-I have to find some pictures from other days too somewhere.
Day 1: Cut Down our Tree
Day 2: Decorate the Tree
Day 3: Decorate Tucker's Felt Tree
Day 4: Read a Christmas Book (we got a Peekaboo Christmas book)
Day 5: Have a playdate (with Blake and Chad) and open a new ornament (fire truck)
Day 6: Watch a Christmas movie with mom (Charlie Brown Christmas Movie)
Day 7: Go play with Addie
Day 8: Visit with cousins and GG
Day 9: Shop for a gift for a child in need (can't say he totally got this one-in fact, he started to point to all of the cars as we were buying a matchbox car set!)
This week will bring more exciting things to do!


No comments:
Post a Comment