Tuesday, December 4, 2012

O Christmas Tree

This year was the fourth annual Christmas tree cutting tailgate with our friends at Maple Row Tree Farm. It's been fun to see how this tradition has grown each year with more couples and more kids. This was the coldest of all the years so we left Brayden with my parents.  We all managed to find a tree within 30 minutes this year-by far a HUGE record. We actually ended up getting the first tree we found:)

the original crew:)


the whole crew this year

matching hats, coats, and saws!

our tree!!



We had a minor issue with the stand and getting the tree up, but we eventually got it up with lights on before bed.

We decorated it on Sunday. I wasn't too sure how Tucker would do decorating, but he got really in to unwrapping the ornaments and trying to put them on the tree.  It was very cute!



...like son!
like father...
 Even though I know Tucker doesn't understand everything about Christmas yet, I wanted to start some traditions that he could enjoy. Sooooo thanks to Pinterest, and a little bit of my brain too, I made an advent with daily activities and Bible verses.  The first day was to cut down the tree, the second to decorate it, and the third was to decorate this felt tree that I made (again thanks to Pinterest).  Tucker seemed to like it and now we have a tree that he can decorate and undecorate and redecorate as much as he wants!









No comments:

Post a Comment